Monday, February 12, 2007

The Grammy's

I ranted a little bit about this on Grant's blog, but I am still outraged at the Grammy selection group for giving 5 Grammy's to the Dixie Chicks. They win not because of their music, but because of their loud mouths. If you speak out against Iraq and Toby Keith (not an award show favorite), you can win Grammy's. I especially have a problem with them winning for the country group and country album, when they aren't even accpeted by the country community. I doubt they have returned to Nashville since Natalie Maines ran her mouth against country music. They won't win, or even be nominated for country awards, then why should they be nominated in the category at the Grammy's? It's a despicable and unexplainable showing by the Grammy's.

1 comment:

Mark Edwards said...

Hey Clay:
Welcome to a real blog site. My network blocks Zanga (along with YouTube, and downloading sites). I guess they figure nothing professional is there.

So what brings you back?

Mark